We require motivated and organised first and second fix carpenters for projects across London and the South east. The ideal candidate will have a residential refurbishment and construction background, will be highly organised with good communication skills, a can do attitude and right first time approach.
– You will have a sound knowledge of H&S requirements.
– You must be able to speak, read and write English to a good standard.
– You will have a UTR and NI number and be eligibly to work in the UK.
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
– Own tools and van.
For the right candidate this position can lead to a full time position and promotion within the company.
Please E-Mail your CV, availability and contact details. Due to high volume of candidates only those whom we wish to interview will be contacted.
The passion and commitment to become a fully qualified carpenter. It will be advantageous if you have already completed technical certificates in carpentry or multi-skills, have previous related work experience, CSCS and/or PASMA, but this is certainly not essential.
You will be expected to carry out skilled tasks. Examples of the work you will be carrying out include:
- Install door/window frames, floor joist coverings, partitions, cladding, stair components
- Erect inclined roofs with gables
- Repair or replace doors, windows, mouldings, frames
- Set up and use saw, drills, biscuit jointer, disc cutter
Applicants need to have at least an Entry Level 3 in Functional Skills or GCSE grade D or above in English and Maths. (GCSE’s valid within last 5 years)
It is likely to take 12-24 months to complete this apprenticeship, depending on current qualifications and experience.